Here, We will discuss about Bucket Sort in C, their algorithm, implementation code in C, time and space complexity, and their applications.
What is Bucket Sort?
Bucket Sort is a comparison sort algorithm. Like Counting sort, Bucket Sort also imposes restrictions on the input to improve the performance.
The algorithm based on the idea that dividing elements into different bucket and then sorting these bucket individually. Each bucket is sorted individually using a separate sorting algorithm or applying bucket sort algorithm recursively.
Bucket Sort is useful when input is uniformly distributed over a range
Bucket Sort Algorithm
The process of Bucket Sort can be understand as a scatter-gather approach.
- Dividing the elements into several groups called buckets.
- Elements inside each bucket are sort by using suitable sorting or calling bucket sort algorithm recursively.
- Finally, elements are gathered in order
Time and Space Complexity of Bucket Sort
Applications of Bucket Sort
Bucket Sort is used when :
- input is uniformly distributed over a range.
- there are floating point values.
Want to Contribute:-
If you like “To The Innovation” and want to contribute, you can mail your articles to 📧 email@example.com. See your articles on the main page and help other coders.😎